Real Estate Development Manager
AB Capstone is a fast growing, vertically integrated real estate company with expertise in investment, development, and construction of residential and commercial projects. We are a team of dedicated real estate professionals committed to utilizing innovative design strategies to build high quality properties. Over the last decade, AB Capstone and its affiliates have been involved in over 1.0MM SF of ground-up development and value-add real estate projects. Currently, our team is looking for a proactive and efficient Real Estate Development Manager who will be responsible for overseeing the development of AB Capstone properties from start to finish in a timely and cost-effective manner. We’re looking for an experienced individual who can successfully perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and maintain the highest standards of excellence in our projects.
- Manage the internal and external project team in coordinating all aspects of the project development process from initial design through construction and sign off (C.O).
- Direct consultants and contractors including engineers, architects, land use attorneys, and construction contractors in order to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Coordinate the entitlement process for ground-up developments including site plan approval, environmental permits, building permits, and all other permits required for development.
- Analyze site zoning to determine development parameters.
- Create and update detailed budgets and schedules for assigned development projects.
- Serve as the company representative to local government entities and the public, participating in meetings and public hearings involving development projects.
- Coordinate with the construction team to ensure that timelines, plans, and specifications are being followed.
- Coordinate with the construction and property management teams to ensure organized and efficient transfer of buildings from construction to property management.
- Oversee the marketing and lease/sales strategy for the project to reach schedule and income goals. Manage the marketing and leasing teams responsible for helping the company reach their profit objectives.
- Prepare regular project progress reports for internal management and partners.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, reliable, highly productive, and efficient.
- Must be a critical thinker, exercising sound judgment to make difficult decisions.
- Must have great interpersonal and communication skills to successfully deal with internal and external business associates.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project).
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Experience: 5+ years of NYC metro real estate development experience required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field required. Master’s preferred.
AB Capstone provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, AB Capstone complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.